Ohio Gas Pipeline and Facilities Jurisdictions
|Natural gas distribution/transmission (intrastate)*||Ohio Power Siting Board (OPSB)||Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO)|
|Natural gas transmission (interstate)||Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC)||Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA)|
|Production lines||Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR)||ODNR|
|Gathering lines||Local zoning authorities||PUCO|
|Liquids lines||Local zoning authorities||PHMSA|
|Compressor stations||Certified local building departments||Certified local building departments|
|Processing facilities and Fractionation plants**||Ohio Department of Commerce, Division of Industrial Compliance||Ohio Department of Commerce, Division of Industrial Compliance|
*OPSB jurisdiction is limited to intrastate lines greater than 500 feet in length and 9 inches in diameter with a Maximum Allowable Operating Pressure of greater than 125 psi.
**In March 2012, Govenor Kasich created an emergency order to amend our law outside of the legislative process to remove local control / zoning for building and regulation of massive natural gas and gas liquids plants (fractionation). Read the Order
- Ohio Power Siting Board, 180 East Broad Street, Columbus OH 43215-3793, (866) 270-6772; contactOPSB@puc.state.oh.us
- Public Utilities Commission, 180 East Broad Street, Columbus OH 43215-3793, (800) 686-7826; contactThePUCO@puc.state.oh.us
- Ohio Department of Natural Resources, Oil & Gas Division, 2045 Morse Road, Building F-2, Columbus, OH 43229-6693, (614) 265-6922
- U.S. Department of Transportation Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, Central Region Office, 901 Locust Street, Suite 462, Kansas City, MO 64106, (816) 329-3800
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, 888 First Street, NE, Washington, DC 20426, (866) 208-3372., http://www.ferc.gov.